Happy New Year to you and your family! While we still have a lot of work ahead of us, there has never been a more favorable climate for passage of a bill to license Certified Professional Midwives in the twenty plus years that I have been advocating for this option.
- Our prime sponsors are in key leadership positions.
- The committees where we are usually assigned are supportive.
- Many supportive legislators moved to the Senate.
- We have the opportunity to educate many new legislators in the House.
- The Board of Nursing and Dept of Health worked with us to craft our bill.
- We have a great start to our fundraising campaign.
We have raised nearly $16,000 of the $20,000 we need to get an independent midwife board started. Please help us reach our goal by sending a donation today to:
SD Birth Matters
1200 N Advantage Ave
Sioux Falls, SD 57103
Donate on our Midwife Regulatory Fund Go Fund Me Page
Other ways to help:
- Contact your legislators and ask them to support the Midwife Bill.
- Sign up to help with our Legislative Luncheon and Advocacy Day on January 17.
- Take part in our #MoreMidwives4SD campaign.
If you have any questions about our bill or how you can help, please don’t hesitate to contact me. Thanks for helping make 2017 our year!
Debbie Pease, Lobbyist
South Dakota Birth Matters