Warning: Use of undefined constant fb_layout - assumed 'fb_layout' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/customer/www/sdbirthmatters.org/public_html/wp-content/plugins/flexo-facebook-manager/flexo-facebook-manager.php on line 386
All Entries must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. (CST) on March 31, 2014
1. SELECTION OF WINNING ENTRIES AND PRIZES:
The following 4 prizes will be awarded on April 28, 2014 at the Birth Matters Film Festival
GRAND PRIZE – $1,000 – will be selected by a panel of judges selected by South Dakota Birth Matters
YOUTUBE FAVORITE – $200 – the entry that has received the most LIKES on YouTube by 5:00 pm CST on April 28, 2014 (the winner of this award is eligible for the Grand Prize and Audience Favorite Award)
AUDIENCE FAVORITE -$200 – the top entries will be selected by a panel of judges and shown at the Birth Matters Film Festival on April 28, 2014. After all entries are shown the audience will vote on their favorite and the entry that receives the most audience votes will win this award. (the winner of this award is eligible for the Grand Prize and YouTube Favorite Award).
YOUTH AWARD – $200 – selected by the judges panel from all entries where contestants have verified that they are under 18 on March 31, 2014.
Winning entries will be shown at the South Dakota Birth Matters annual meeting and will be displayed on their website: sdbirthmatters.org
2. ELIGIBILITY: Anyone with a valid YouTube account may enter the contest. Those contestants who will be under 18 on March 31, 2014 (entry deadline) are also eligible to compete for the “Youth Award”. Participation in the Contest constitutes Contestants’ full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and the Sponsor’s decisions that are final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest.
3. TO ENTER: In our high tech world, birth has become more and more medicalized. While everyone agrees that lowering the number of mothers and babies dying around the time of birth is of utmost importance, there is so much more to birth than mere survival. Your challenge is to create a video (less than 5 minutes long) that explains “Why Birth Matters”. We are looking for videos that communicate the benefits of positive birth experiences, the challenges of negative experiences for babies and their families, and how improving these experiences can benefit our whole society.
(a) Come up with a video of no more than 5 minutes that communicates “Why Birth Matters”. Shoot it with your video camera, your digital camera, your cell phone.
(b) Edit your video
(c) Upload your video to YouTube and enter it in our contest.
Entries must be received no later than 11:59 pm on March 31, 2014 and winners will be announced at the Birth Matters Film Festival on April 28th. To be officially entered into the Why Birth Matters video contest, you must complete the following steps:
(1) Register on YouTube and Upload Your Video
(2) Fill Out Online Registration Form
You (Entrant) must then go to the Entry Form on our website and submit the form which will ask for the url of your video.
Registration must be completed by: March 31, 2014 at 11:59 pm, but submitting your entry earlier gives you a better chance at competing for the YouTube Favorite Award.
Steps (1) and (2) must be completed before you are officially entered into the Why Birth Matters Video Contest. Failure to complete one of the steps will disqualify your entry from the contest.
You may enter up to two (2) Submissions as long as the same (or substantially similar) Submission is not uploaded more than once. IMPORTANT: Be sure to save your Submission in the original format after uploading it to YouTube. If you are a winner, you will need to provide Sponsor with your Submission in its original format in order for the Submission to be valid.
Contest winners will be notified via e-mail by April 29,2014.
4. SUBMISSION FORMAT AND CONTENT REQUIREMENTS:
(a.) Creative Assignment: Communicate to us why birth is such an important event in the life of the individual, the family and our society and why all of us should take an interest in assuring that the full spectrum of evidence-based birth options are available to families.
You write it. You cast it. You direct and shoot it. You edit it. You have total creative control.
(c.) Additional Requirements: The video must be no more than 5 minutes in length, including any tags. Once you complete and submit your video, your Submission is final and may not be modified or edited without permission from Sponsor. No Submissions will be returned. The person named as the registered owner of the user account on YouTube associated with the Submission and named on the Contest Registration form for the Submission must match, and that person will be deemed the entrant (“Entrant”). In the event of dispute regarding the identity of an Entrant, dispute will be resolved in favor of the individual who is the “authorized e-mail account holder” of the e-mail address provided when the YouTube user account was created. “Authorized e-mail account holder” is defined as the natural person assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (i.e., business, educational institution) responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Each Entrant must notify the Sponsor via the submission form that they have entered the contest, including their name, e-mail address, phone number, YouTube user name, title of video submission, and video url. If any group of individuals elects to collaborate on a Submission, they are required to designate one (1) representative to enter the Contest and accept the prize on behalf of the group. Neither Sponsor nor any of the Contest Parties are liable for any disputes between collaborators related to a Submission. Please note the following:
Any elements in your Submission, including without limitation music, audio, speech/voiceovers, stills, video, supers, or other audiovisual materials used must be 1) entirely original, created and performed by you, or 2) be in the public domain. Use of any elements, including without limitation music, audio, speech/voiceovers, video, stills, visuals, or other materials that are not original or in the public domain, may result in disqualification of Submission, in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
5. CONDITIONS OF ENTRY: As conditions of entry into this Contest and by uploading and entering a Submission, Entrant warrants and represents that the Submission (a) is original and has been legally created; (b) does not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or publicity rights or any other legal or moral rights of any third party; (c) has not been entered in or won previous contests or awards; and (d) has not been published or distributed previously in any media. Entrant represents that he/she owns all rights to his/her Submission, including, without limitation, the copyrights in the recording and the performance contained therein. Entrant further represents and warrants that the Entrant has obtained permission from each person whose name, image, likeness or voice (“Likeness”) is included in the Submission, and that such person(s) have granted Entrant all necessary rights to use the person’s Likeness as described in these rules, and that Entrant can make written copies of such permissions available to the Sponsor upon request. If the Likeness of a minor is included, such grant of rights must include written permission from the minor’s parent or legal guardian authorizing the use of the minor’s likeness on behalf of the minor. By uploading a Submission, Entrant irrevocably grants Sponsor and its affiliates, legal representatives, assigns, agents and licensees, the unconditional and perpetual right and permission to reproduce, encode, store, copy, transmit, publish, post, broadcast, display, publicly perform, adapt, exhibit and/or otherwise use or reuse (without limitation as to when or to the number of times used), the Entrant’s Submission, including, but not limited to, the recording and the performances contained therein (in each case, as submitted or as edited/modified in any way by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion), as well as to use Entrant’s name, likeness, photograph (collectively, “Likeness”), and/or statements regarding his/her participation in this Contest (with or without using the Entrant’s name) in any and all media without limitation as to time or territory, and without additional compensation or approval from the Entrant or any other party. Entrant waives intellectual property rights, privacy/publicity rights or other legal or moral rights that might preclude the Sponsor’s use of the submission, and agrees not to sue or assert any claim against the Sponsor for the use of the Submission or Entrant’s Likeness or statements. Entrant agrees to indemnify and hold Sponsor, its agencies and their respective affiliates, officers, directors, agents, co-branders or other partners, and any of their employees (collectively, the “Indemnities”), harmless from any and all claims, damages, expenses, costs (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) and liabilities (including settlements), brought or asserted by any third party against any of the Indemnities due to or arising out of the Entrant’s Submission, or the Entrant’s conduct in creating a Submission or otherwise in connection with this Contest, including but not limited to claims for trademark infringement, copyright infringement; violation of an individuals right of publicity or right of privacy; or defamation. Entrant further agrees to release Sponsor from any and all claims that any advertising subsequently produced, presented, and/or prepared by or on behalf of Sponsor infringes Entrant’s rights with regard to any elements, characters or ideas contained in any submission.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS: All winners will be required to irrevocably assign and transfer to Sponsor any and all rights, title and interest in his/her Submission, including, without limitation, all copyrights, and agree to waive all moral rights in that Submission. Winners will be required to complete, sign and return a Consent & Release form. All completed documents must be returned to Sponsor within 7 business days of the date notice was sent or winning status will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected. The winners may also be required to sign additional documents, as deemed necessary by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Winners are solely responsible for any taxes on their respective prizes. No substitution of prize is offered, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Prizes are non-transferable. If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion to cancel, modify or terminate the Contest. Further, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual deemed to be (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or any Sponsor or YouTube; (b) violating the Official Rules; (c) violating the You Tube Terms of Service, or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Sponsor reserves the right to require winners to submit to a confidential background check to confirm eligibility as a condition of awarding the prize to help ensure that the use of any such person in advertising or publicity for the Contest will not bring Contest Parties into public disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule or reflect unfavorably on the Contest as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
7. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: No liability or responsibility is assumed by Sponsor or Contest Parties resulting from any user’s participation in or attempt to participate in the Contest or ability or inability to upload or download any information in connection with participating in the Contest. No responsibility or liability is assumed by the Sponsor or Contest Parties for technical problems or technical malfunction arising in connection with any of the following occurrences which may affect the operation of the Contest: hardware or software errors; faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic, wireless or Internet connectivity or other online communication problems; errors or limitations of any Internet service providers, servers, hosts or providers; garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions; failure of any e-mail transmissions to be sent or received; lost, late, delayed or intercepted e-mail transmissions; inaccessibility of the website in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestion on the Internet or the website; unauthorized human or non-human intervention of the operation of the Contest, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bugs, worms; or destruction of any aspect of the Contest, or loss, miscount, misdirection, inaccessibility or unavailability of an e-mail account used in connection with the Contest. Sponsor and Contest Parties are not responsible for any typographical errors in the announcement of prizes or these Official Rules, or any inaccurate or incorrect data contained on the website. Use of website is at user’s own risk. Sponsor and the Contest Parties are not responsible for any personal injury or property damage or losses of any kind which may be sustained to user’s or any other person’s computer equipment resulting from participation in the Contest, use of the website or the download of any information from the website. By participating in the Contest, the Entrant releases Sponsor and Contest Parties from any and all claims, damages or liabilities arising from or relating to such Entrant’s participation in the Contest. By accepting a prize in the Contest, winners agree that the Sponsor and Contest Parties shall not be liable for any loss or injury resulting from participation in the Contest, acceptance or use of any prize. Sponsor and Contest Parties are not liable in the event that any portion of the Contest is cancelled due to weather, fire, strike, acts of war or terrorism, or any other condition beyond their control (a “Force Majeure Event”). Should a Force Majeure Event occur, Sponsor may, but is not obligated to, exercise commercially reasonable efforts to air the winning videos at another time or make a reasonable substitution in its sole discretion.
8. SPONSOR: South Dakota Birth Matters
Powered by YouTube. YouTube, the YouTube logo, YouTube broadcast yourself are registered trademarks of YouTube Inc.
If you need assistance or have any questions, contact Debbie at: firstname.lastname@example.org